The Office of Events and Conference Services (ECS) has created guidelines for in-person events with the input of campus partners. These guidelines are in accordance with those issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the government of the District of Columbia. Please note, the information provided may change based on new guidelines issued by the CDC and/or District of Columbia.
- Two weeks prior to the requested date for events in conference rooms.
- One month prior to the requested date for events that require a setup and/or partnership with Facilities Administration and Services (FAS).
Event schedulers should continue to communicate with their ECS Point of Contact throughout the event planning process. The ECS Point of Contact is the most knowledgeable resource for planning events that are safe and account for current COVID-19 precautions.
Contingency plans must be made. The event scheduler should work with their ECS Point of Contact to discuss a contingency plan for their event. There should be a shared understanding between all parties involved that this is an evolving situation and events may be canceled at any point.
Before The Event
- The link to the CatholicU COVID-19 page
- A request that attendees stay home if feeling ill
- Acknowledgement that events may be delayed or canceled due to COVID-19 concerns
- Reminders of ways to reduce the risk of spreading the COVID-19 (i.e. no skin-to-skin contact, physical distancing, face coverings, proper hygiene)
- Event Planning Considerations: COVID-19 Event Guidelines for Event Planners
During The Event
Please note that event schedulers should keep a record of event attendees for at least one year for contact tracing purposes.